Sunday, December 5, 2021

Sympathy Card-December Blog


Hello, Family and Friends! It's December! I am writing this blog listening to Christmas music. It's hard to believe it is December in New Mexico. The sun is shining and it is going to be about 57 degrees. Hardly, Christmas weather.  After I get this blog out I will be working on decorating for Christmas. I love decorating and each year I buy more decorations. Someday, I will have my house decorated like the houses on the Hallmark channel. Do any of you love decorating for Christmas?

This card is my design. Unfortunately, I was in the need of a Sympathy card. It features a new bundle coming out in the Stampin' Up! January-June mini catalog. This is the HoneyBee Home Bundle (157952). We have bee hives so I was immediately drawn to this bundle. When I saw the flowers I knew it would make a great Sympathy Card. This set would be great for any occasion. 

During Stampin' Up's! Onstage event, we were show a technique using the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush to water color. I thought I would give it a try on this card. I'm not much of a water colorist but I love it and it is so easy.

I hope you give this card a try. I had a great time designing it! 

Supplies: 

Product List

Instructions: 

  1. Cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" card base out of Thick Basic White card stock and score at 4 1/4". Fold card in half at score line. Fold will be on the left. 
  2. Die cut the largest Scalloped Contours frame out of Blackberry Bliss card stock. Use Stampin' Seal and adhere this piece to the front of the card base. 
  3. Die cut the second largest Scalloped Contours frame out of Basic White Card Stock and adhere on top of the Blackberry Bliss frame using Stampin' Seal. 
  4. Stamp three of the bell shaped flowers onto Shimmery White card stock (you can also use Watercolor paper or Basic White card stock) using Memento Black Ink. It is important to use the Memento Black ink so that the black ink will not bleed into your water color. 
  5. With the Blackberry Bliss ink pad closed, use the palm of your hands and press the ink pad. This will put ink onto the inside top of the ink pad. You will use this as the palette. Using the Wink of Stella pen grab some ink, I went to the side of the ink and lightened the color. Start at the bottom of the flower and pull the ink to the top of the flower it will lighten as you move to the top of the flower. Continue coloring all the flowers in this way. Once you are done coloring all the flowers, you can grab a little more Blackberry ink and make the middle of the flowers darker and add highlights. Just have fun with it. Also, remember it looks better once the ink has dried. 
  6. Using Old Olive ink paint the leaves using the above technique. I painted the stems darker. 
  7. Die cut out the flowers. Adhere a flower in the middle of the Basic White frame using mini glue dots.  Adhere the other flowers using mini dimensionals. Place one flower on each side of the middle flower. 
  8. Tie a bow in the Blackberry Bliss Striped Ribbon and adhere to the flower stem using mini glue dots. 
  9. On the inside of the card, stamp a Sympathy sentiment of your choice, using Blackberry bliss ink. 
I hope you enjoyed this blog. If you wish to shop just click on the shopping link above, or the catalog on the right and it will take you to my shopping page. 

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you all so much!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for taking the time to check out my blogs. It means a great deal to me. I wish you a blessed day!